Wednesday October 6, 2010
Feeling of Overwhelmed
By Jane Jun Lee
Before I found Marina's article yesterday through her blog, and read about this article that she watched the hit movie " My name is Khan" , I did bought the DVD couples of days back , but still haven't watch it yet.
So when I read the article yesterday, I wasn't really capturing what she meant until i watch the full length 2hours of the movie yesterday after work. I was impressed as Shah Rukh Khan played an autism character very well. His famous capturing phrase is "My name is Khan and I am not a terrorist". Not only that but he portrait as an intelligent yet funny person as well. In real life everyone, well not everyone knows that he is already a Muslim, but I have known this for some times before.
So when he portrayed this image of a Muslim autism guy in this movie,I was quite surprise he manage to show the world that he is a Muslim and not afraid to let everyone knows about it. Like the previous movie (local one called Mualaf) The converted wasn't screened in Malaysia but it was in Singapore surprisingly, has all the some element of Islam, and thus by now you showed know who is the main business behind the show business.
I guessed not everyone understand it but the truth is out there. Like what Marina quote : In Malaysia, even though have the so-called independence day , but still we dont feel the independence, with the current issues of killer lawyers, teens dumping their new born( buang bayi), politician only said more than done- wanting only power for themselves, and I felt no security in this country anymore.
But its still better than so other worst countries, which still at war zone, and at poverty , well you know why there is still war after 20th century?Two words says it all. Greed. Power.
Although I am not someone that pray 5 times a day and I have not had my callings to wear a hijab, I understand whats right and wrong. We know there are bad people and good people.
And I am a good person.
No comments:
Post a Comment